Mathura, a city located in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, is a renowned destination for its historical and spiritual significance. The city is believed to be the birthplace of Lord Krishna, one of the most revered deities in Hinduism, and attracts thousands of visitors every year. Here are the top 10 places to visit in Mathura in One Day Mathura Vrindavan Tour:
- Sri Krishna Janmabhoomi: This is the most important and sacred place in Mathura, believed to be the birthplace of Lord Krishna. The temple complex comprises several shrines and a beautiful courtyard. Visitors can see the prison cell where Lord Krishna is said to have been born and the ‘Garbha Griha’ where Lord Krishna’s childhood pastimes took place.
- ISKCON Mathura: This temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is a popular destination for devotees. The temple complex includes several shrines, a museum, and a cultural center. Visitors can see the beautiful deities of Lord Krishna and Radharani and attend the daily aarti ceremony.
- Government Museum: The Government Museum in Mathura is a must-visit for history buffs. It houses a rich collection of ancient sculptures, pottery, and inscriptions that date back to the 2nd century BC. Visitors can see various artifacts from the Mathura school of art, which is known for its unique style and finesse.
- Rangaji Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Ranganatha, a form of Lord Vishnu, and is one of the largest and most beautiful temples in Mathura. The temple features a grand gopuram (tower) and a large courtyard. Visitors can see the beautiful deity of Lord Ranganatha and take part in the daily puja ceremonies.
- Dwarikadheesh Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is known for its intricate carvings and beautiful architecture. The temple also houses a museum that displays a collection of ancient manuscripts and artifacts. Visitors can see the beautiful deity of Lord Krishna and learn about the history of the temple and the city.
- Gita Mandir: This temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is known for its beautiful carvings and intricate sculptures. The temple features a large hall where daily readings of the Bhagavad Gita take place. Visitors can hear the recitation of the Gita and gain spiritual insights from the teachings of Lord Krishna.
- Vishram Ghat: Vishram Ghat is one of the most sacred and important ghats (bathing places) in Mathura. It is believed that Lord Krishna took a rest at this spot after killing the demon Kansa. The ghat is a popular spot for performing rituals and taking a dip in the holy waters of the Yamuna River. Visitors can take a dip in the river and receive blessings from the Lord.
- Kans Qila: Kans Qila is an ancient fort that is believed to have been built by the demon king Kansa, the uncle of Lord Krishna. The fort is a popular spot for history enthusiasts and offers a panoramic view of the city. Visitors can learn about the history of Mathura and see the fort’s ancient architecture and ruins.
- Jama Masjid: This mosque is one of the oldest and most famous in Mathura. It is believed to have been built by the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb in the 17th century and features a beautiful courtyard and intricate carvings. Visitors can see the mosque’s unique blend of Mughal and Hindu architectural styles and learn about the history of the Mughal empire in Mathura.
- Kusum Sarovar: Kusum Sarovar is a beautiful lake located on the outskirts of Mathura. It is a popular spot for picnics and boating, and also offers a serene atmosphere for meditation and yoga.
Checkout Mathura Vrindavan Tour Packages
In conclusion, Mathura is a city with a rich cultural and spiritual heritage and is a must-visit destination for those interested in history, religion, and architecture. The Sri Krishna Janmabhoomi, ISKCON Mathura, Government Museum, Rangaji Temple, Dwarikadheesh Temple, Gita Mandir, Vishram Ghat, Kans Qila, Jama Masjid, and Kusum Sarovar are the top 10 places to visit in Mathura to experience the best of the city. Whether you are a history buff, a spiritual seeker, or just looking for a peaceful getaway, Mathura has something for everyone to offer through their Mathura Vrindavan Holi tour package.